Tuesday, November 30, 2010

Posting 4 : Reflection

a) After have chosen Helen Keller as a person of virtue for me, I had already knew of whom she was but I did not know here lifes story. After learning and researching for this project I have learned so much about Helen Keller. I have witnessed the faults and struggles of her actions , but I have also witnessed the portrayal of passion she truly had inside. Helen Keller was one person of virtue who showed trueness in life , and also was very determined to show others including herself that life isn't just beautiful or wonderful because you could see or hear what`s in in , but also by understanding the true meaning of the world and people. By truly getting to know people from their inside out. By understanding them from your heart and not only judging them from what you see and what you hear . I have learned so much about Helen Keller and her life , and she truly shows me that lifes a struggle, but if you use your heart and just your heart that you could travel this world and people , and find its wonders.

b)Helen Keller and her life has truly inspired me. She inspired me by showing me that if you live the beatitude of , “ Blessed are the meek for they shall inherit the earth” that it is truly an amazing beatitude which she portrays. This beatitude inspires me through Helen Kellers life because she is just like it. Helen Kellers life explains this beatitude, because she shows that even though she is blind, deaf and mute that she can still live a world, better from those who have all these things. It shows how the true meek people who struggle for what is right and what has to be done, shall inherit the world the love and God itself.

c)The challenges or difficulties I might face in living this beatitude in my own life is to be as determined and meek as Helen Keller was. In my life I have all three , I have the ability to hear the beautiful sounds in the world, I could see the wonders , and I also have the ability to communicate and create my own sounds in using my voice. Yet I am not like Helen, I do not always truly thank the world for what it is. I don't truly understand people or things for what they are and what they have done for the world and me. It will be hard for me to portray this beatitude Helen Keller has, because the most beautiful things in the world I could see and touch but I dont appreciate them as much as Helen did with the feelings of her heart. By learning every aspect of Helen Kellers life and trueness in this world I have learned that to thankfully accept life and fight for what I believe in is something I should begin to do. Helen Keller deserves to inherit the earth because of the passion and determination she has portayed by this beatitude.

“ Helen keller was able to live in a world unknown to her,
by using the eyes and ears of others around her”

No comments:

Post a Comment